Friday 4 December 2015

Vintage Turban Patterns

Simplicity 5572 - 1973 set of turbans pattern

Turbans have long been a fascination of mine. 
I find they have a certain air of glamour and mystery no matter how they are worn.
Maybe because I associate them with the elegant movie stars of old that used to wear them with that glorious siren quality.

Simplicity 5227 - 1963 accessory pack icluding turban

These are the vintage turban patterns currently in my collection. 
They're all 1960s and 1970s patterns, so they're more Elizabeth Taylor than Louise Brooks or Greta Garbo.

Vogue 6121 - 1964 'easy to make' turban styled hats

Simplicity 5572 is the first one on my list but I'd really like to try them all.

McCall's 2379 - 1960s three hats pattern

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...